Call us on0800 00 55 44FREE from mobiles and landlines
Request a Callback

Industrial Disease

With so many different types of industrial related diseases, it is important that you seek the right advice to try and establish if you have a valid claim. Some diseases have an immediate effect after exposure, while others can take years to develop any symptoms.

It is an employers’ duty to ensure that all employees are protected from hazardous substances and situations whilst at work to minimise the risks to employees.

If you think you may have a valid claim against your current or former employer, contact Alkers today and speak to one of our expert industrial disease solicitors who will be able to advise you of what you need to do next.

You need to be aware of time limits when making a claim for compensation, but we can provide you with all the information you need.
For more information contact us on freephone 0800 00 55 44 or via the enquiry form or request a callback.

No Win, No Fee

We operate on a strictly ‘no win, no fee’ basis, meaning our clients are able to keep the maximum entitlement of the compensation awarded by the court or in any out of court settlement. Our aim is to help our clients get the compensation they deserve for work-related diseases, helping them to cover medical fees and household bills during their recovery period.

If you are working in a very noisy environment, it is your employer’s duty to reduce the noise to an acceptable level or, if this is not possible, to provide you with ear defenders to prevent industrial deafness or Noise Induced Hearing Loss. If your employer provides you with ear defenders, it is your responsibility to wear them and you would not have a valid claim in this situation.

If your job brings you into contact with dangerous chemicals your employer should have already investigated the possibility of replacing the dangerous chemicals with less harmful ones and ensured that you have the minimal amount of contact with them as possible. If your employer has concluded that there is no way around you working with the dangerous chemicals, they should then provide you with protective clothing to wear. Again, it is your responsibility to wear the protective clothing once it has been provided.

Start A Claim 
Our lawyers have successfully claimed on behalf of employees throughout the Poulton-Le-Fylde, Blackpool, Preston and Lancashire areas, and are always available to provide advice regarding your claim.

Contact a specialist solicitor today.

Call us on 0800 00 55 44 (free from all UK landlines and mobiles), or get in touch via the enquiry form.

If you’d like us to call you request a callback and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.


Assocation of Personal Injury Lawyers - Accredited Practice logo
Assocation of Personal Injury Lawyers - Senior Litigator logo

Mr P. D. Alker LL.B (Hons)
Senior Litigator

ABC Personal Injury Helpline - Accredited Member Logo
Approved Member of Accident Line
Alkers Solicitors Logo

Established in 1937 as W & H Alker, we are a family-run firm with over seventy-nine years experience of civil litigation and the provision of reliable legal advice in Poulton-le-Fylde, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Preston and the wider Lancashire area. As a result, we maintain a traditional set of customer service values, believing our clients should have access to their lawyer or solicitor whenever they require legal advice, updates or reassurance.

As our client, you’ll be provided with direct e-mail and telephone links to your specialist solicitor. This means you’ll never have to wait on hold while a receptionist tries to connect you; your legal specialist will be right there with you every step of the way.

Freephone: 0800 00 55 44  -  Tel: 01253 892237

Fax: 01253 892238  -  Email us

Main Office Address: Bancroft House, 8 Hardhorn Road
Poulton le Fylde, Lancashire, FY6 7SR , UK

Regulated by Solicitors Regulation Authority

Firm ID: Alkers Solicitors
SRA Registration No.: 329692

© 2014-2016 Alkers Solicitors