Start your compensation claim today

Accidents With An Untraced Driver

If you’ve been unfortunate enough to have been involved in a road traffic accident in which the driver of the other car has left the scene, more commonly known as a ‘hit and run’, then all is not lost. Despite there being no other driver to make a claim against, Alkers Solicitors’ experienced solicitors can help you secure financial damages for any personal injuries you may have suffered as a result, as well as damage to your vehicle.

‘Hit and Run’ Solicitors: the MIB

The Motor Insurer’s Bureau (MIB) was set up for just this situation. Funded by all other UK insurers, the MIB is a not-for-profit organisation which helps accident victims who have been injured, or whose vehicle has been damaged, by an uninsured driver or a driver who leaves the scene. It is possible to claim both personal injury compensation and property damage via the MIB hit and run accident scheme (known as the Untraced Drivers Agreement) subject to some restrictions.

When making an untraced driver accident case for the MIB, it is essential that the accident you were involved in is reported to the police. In most cases this will probably have happened at the scene.

Although we recognise that this will be a stressful and upsetting time for you, there are a number of things that would really help your case:

If you have been the victim of a hit and run incident then contact the team at Alkers Solicitors today, and we will provide independent advice on how to proceed with your case.

Call one of our specialist hit and run claims solicitors will be more than happy to offer you the advice you need.

Call us on 0800 00 55 44 (free from all UK landlines and mobiles), or get in touch via the enquiry form.

If you’d like us to call you request a callback and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.